Trust is key when it comes to business. No one wants to do business with a company they don’t trust. To create a successful and sustainable business, you must focus on building trustworthy brand value.
Reliable connections are at the heart of how we live, and it’s at the heart of how we grow a successful and sustainable business. For businesses, trust affects audience size, brand perception and profitability, and creates enduring brand value.
Here are seven steps you can start focusing on to increase your business trust factor!
1. To be a leader, act like a leader
The most important step to building trust is to act like a leader. This means being confident in your knowledge and abilities, and not being afraid to show it. People are more likely to trust someone who appears confident and competent than someone who seems uncertain or unsure.
Show you are a leader by being:
- Proactive – take the initiative and be willing to take on new challenges. Leaders are always looking for ways to improve, and they are always challenging themselves to do better.
- Transparent – being open and honest about your intentions and your actions. People are more likely to trust someone who is transparent and upfront than someone who is secretive or evasive.
- Consistent – in your words and actions. This means following through on your promises and living up to your standards. People are more likely to trust someone consistent in their behaviour than someone all over the place.
2. Deliver what you promise
When you make a promise to your customers, you need to deliver on it. This creates trust and loyalty between you and them. They’ll take their business elsewhere if you don’t deliver on your promises.
Think carefully about what you’re selling and how it will impact your customers. You must be able to provide them with what they need when they need it. That little extra can be the difference between a good and bad review.
3. Be a trusted resource
Nobody lost any business because they helped someone. If you’re confident about what you do, there is no risk in sharing your knowledge. You will be known for being the expert, and the right customers will come and be happy to pay for what you’re offering.
To do this:
- Be clear about what you offer. What are your unique selling points? Why should people buy from you? Once you know this, it’s time to start sharing your knowledge. If you can help potential customers with their problems, they will see you as a trusted resource and be more likely to do business with you.
- Write blog posts or articles that provide valuable information. You can also give talks or workshops, or even just talk with someone about their needs. The important thing is to be genuine and helpful, not pushy or salesy.
- Be active on social media. Share your expert insights and connect with potential customers from all over the world. If you can show that you’re an authority in your field, people will be more likely to do business with you.
- Always deliver on your promises. If you say you will do something, make sure you do it. This will build trust and credibility, making people more likely to want to work with you again.
4. Simplify choice
No choice makes it hard to choose; too much choice makes it impossible. Ensure your product lines or service offering is clear and concise to make it easy for potential customers to make decisions confidently and easily. They will also be more likely to trust your brand because they know what to expect. So if you want to build trustworthy brand value, simplify the choices for your customers.
5. Be open and personal
You don’t have to be afraid to show yourself if you’ve created a strong brand strategy. Being open and personal can be scary, but it’s worth it. People want to know who they’re doing business with.
Showing your personality will only make people more interested in your brand. So don’t be afraid to share your story, it will only help your business.
6. Act Responsibly
It’s so important to act responsibly when you’re running a business. If you’re friendly and helpful, people will take notice, and your reputation will only grow. Make the right decisions amongst the competition and lead by example. People don’t want to be associated with a brand run by the wrong crowd. Do things right, be responsible, and you’ll build trustworthy brand value in no time.
7. Be humble
Act like you’ve been there before and know what you’re doing. People will be drawn to your confidence and want to work with you. But don’t be a jerk! Be friendly and helpful, and people will remember that about your brand.
Make smart decisions – show that you’re thinking about the long term when it comes to your business. People will appreciate that you’re not just in it for a quick buck, but are instead focused on building something sustainable.
Lead by example – do what you say you’re going to do, and treat people how you want them to be treated. If your brand is known for being reliable and trustworthy, people will be more likely to want to work with you.
One of the most important things you can do to build a trustworthy brand is to collaborate with others. I can’t stress this enough. If you can build a network of supporters who can share businesses with each other, it will be beneficial for everyone involved. By working with others in your field, not only will customers be more likely to trust your company, but you will also have a support system of like-minded individuals. Sharing knowledge and working together towards common goals is essential in today’s business world. There is more than enough room for success, so let’s help each other out!
Building trust is essential for any business, big or small. By following the eight tips we’ve outlined in this blog post, you can create a foundation of trust that will help build brand value and for your business to grow and thrive!