When it comes to building trust in your brand, it’s all about the relationship – much like a fine wine!
Think of it this way: when you pour yourself a glass of wine, you don’t just gulp it down and expect things to taste the same each time. You savour it, swirl it around in your mouth, note the nuances of flavour and texture as you slowly sip.
The same goes for building trust with your customers. It takes time to nurture that connection. You’ve got to take them on a journey and show them why your brand is the best choice for them. Show them what sets you apart from the competition and why they can trust you. That’s how you create value that lasts.
Here are eight steps you can start focusing on to increase your brand trust factor!
1. To be a leader, act like a leader
The most important step to building trust is to act like a leader. This means being confident in your knowledge and abilities, and not being afraid to show it.
Like pouring a glass of wine, confidence should flow freely from the source – allowing others to take part in the experience.
People are more likely to trust someone who appears confident and competent than someone who seems uncertain or unsure.
Consumers who trust a brand are more than twice as likely to be the first to buy the brand’s new products, according to a 2019 Edelman Trust Barometer Special Report, In Brands We Trust.
Show you are a leader by being:
- Proactive – take the initiative and be willing to take on new challenges. Leaders are always looking for ways to improve, and they are always challenging themselves to do better.
- Transparent – being open and honest about your intentions and your actions. People are more likely to trust someone who is transparent and upfront than someone who is secretive or evasive.
- Consistent – in your words and actions. This means following through on your promises and living up to your standards. People are more likely to trust someone consistent in their behaviour than someone all over the place.
2. Deliver what you promise
They say that a good wine is like a promise: when you take that first sip, you expect it to taste as amazing as they said it would.
When it comes to your brand and your customers, it’s the same. When you make a promise to them, they expect you to deliver on it. That’s why it’s important to think carefully about what you’re selling and how it will impact your customers. You need to ensure that each bottle delivered is just as flavorful as you promised. If not, then they won’t hesitate to go elsewhere for their next drink.
It may seem like an insignificant detail but providing a little extra can be the difference between a good review and an empty glass.
So, while your business may not be the most unique flavor on the market, making sure your product is up to expectation can create a loyal following of customers who trust in the quality of your product – just like a great bottle of wine.
Consumers are more than twice as likely to stay loyal to a brand they trust, even in the face of disruption, such as a trendy or innovative competitor.
3. Be a trusted resource
Nobody lost any business because they helped someone. If you’re confident about what you do, there is no risk in sharing your knowledge.
Think of it this way: every time you help someone, you’re adding another layer of flavour to your business.
With each generous act, you will be known for being the expert, and the right customers will come and be happy to pay for what you’re offering.
To do this:
- Be clear about what you offer. What are your unique selling points? Why should people buy from you? Once you know this, it’s time to start sharing your knowledge. If you can help potential customers with their problems, they will see you as a trusted resource and be more likely to do business with you.
- Write blog posts or articles that provide valuable information. You can also give talks or workshops, or even just talk with someone about their needs. The important thing is to be genuine and helpful, not pushy or salesy.
- Be active on social media. Share your expert insights and connect with potential customers from all over the world. If you can show that you’re an authority in your field, people will be more likely to do business with you.
- Always deliver on your promises. If you say you will do something, make sure you do it. This will build trust and credibility, making people more likely to want to work with you again.
4. Simplify choices
Have you ever been in a store and felt overwhelmed by the sheer number of options available?
It can be difficult to choose when there are too many options, but it can also be intimidating to make the wrong decision.
If you’re a business owner, you know how important it is for your customers to feel confident in their purchase decisions. That’s why it’s essential to keep your product lines or service offerings clear and concise.
This will make it easy for potential customers to make decisions without feeling overwhelmed, and they will also be more likely to trust your brand because they know what to expect.
So if you want to build trustworthy brand value, simplify the choices for your customers. Keep things clear and straightforward and you’ll have an easier time converting leads into loyal customers.
5. Be open and personal
Are you a business owner who is afraid to show your personality online? Do you feel like you don’t know how to connect with your audience or even worse, that you don’t have an audience?
I get it. Showing your true self isn’t always easy and it can be scary but trust me – it’s worth it. People want to know the person behind the brand they’re engaging with. And if they can relate to you, they’ll be more likely to trust your product or service.
So don’t be afraid to show your true self! Create a strong brand strategy that allows your story to shine through. Share your experiences and lessons learned as a business owner. Show off your successes and failures. Whatever it takes for your customers to get to know the real you.
And remember – showing your personality doesn’t mean putting yourself out there 24/7. You don’t have to post every day or be on social media all the time. Just make sure you’re connecting with your audience in an authentic way.
6. Act Responsibly
It’s so important to act responsibly when you’re running a business. If you’re friendly and helpful, people will take notice, and your reputation will only grow. Make the right decisions amongst the competition and lead by example. People don’t want to be associated with a brand run by the wrong crowd. Do things right, be responsible, and you’ll build trustworthy brand value in no time.
7. Be humble
It’s natural to feel nervous when you’re starting a business. You want to make the right decisions and show that you know what you’re doing, but you don’t want to come off as too brash or arrogant.
But here’s the thing. You can be both confident and friendly. In fact, it’s essential for your business success! Here’s how:
- Make smart decisions – by thinking of the long-term implications of your actions, people will know that you have their best interests in mind.
- Lead by example – do what you say you are going to do and be kind and respectful to people. This will help create a positive reputation for your brand.
- Speak with an engaging tone of voice – this will make others more likely to remember your brand and stay engaged with it.
Work hard, be kind, and show confidence – and you’ll find success!
Are you looking to build an unbeatable brand? Collaboration is key! When it comes to creating a well-rounded, trustworthy business in today’s market, there’s no better way than to pour into the flavors of others.
Just like you don’t get a glass of wine with just one grape, you can’t build a successful business without the input and support of others. Sure, your ideas may be top-notch, but you’re bound to miss something if you go about it alone. That’s why working with other professionals in your field can make all the difference.
By building networks of collaboration, you can share resources, knowledge, and businesses. Not only will it help customers trust your company more – after all, who wouldn’t want to trust the expertise of multiple experienced professionals? – but it will also give you a team full of like-minded individuals to come up with new ideas and reach common goals.
So let’s all join forces and work together in order to reach greater heights! There is plenty of success to go around, so let’s lend each other a helping hand.
Building trust is essential for any business, big or small. By following the eight tips we’ve outlined in this blog post, you can create a foundation of trust that will help build brand value and for your business to grow and thrive!